- RETURNS/WARRANTY: General Provisions
- WARRANTY/DEFECTIVE RETURNS:
- NON-DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE/STOCK ADJUSTMENT:
- FREIGHT DAMAGES, SHORTAGES or INCORRECT ORDERS:
- ORDER/SHIPPING ERRORS:
No forced deductions or credits may be taken from the invoiced amount for returned goods or billing errors until a written credit is issued by Paramount Automotive. Unauthorized deductions will be treated as a partial payment of the invoice and may result in a past due circumstance.
- All returns must have a Return Merchandise Authorization number (R.M.A number). Any product returned without a R.M.A. number will be refused without exception.
- R.M.A numbers are valid for 60 days from the date issued.
- Issuance of a R.M.A. is not an approval for credit. Paramount Automotive will determine whether to issue credit upon receipt and inspection of the returned product.
- All returned product must have the R.M.A number prominently marked on the exterior of each carton or pallet, a packing list or acceptable documentation of the contents included, and copy of the original invoice. Multiple pallet shipments or multiple box shipments must have separate product lists for each pallet or box attached to the outside of that pallet. Shipments that omit any of these requirements will be refused.
- Any non-Paramount Automotive product received by Paramount Automotive will be held and Customer will be notified. Customer must retrieve such product at their own expense within a period of ten days from such notification, after which the product will be discarded. Paramount Automotive will not assume liability for damages or loss of non-Paramount Automotive products while in Paramount Automotive's possession.
- All returns via truck freight must be scheduled by Paramount Automotive.
- Customer will be responsible for the cost of, and assumes the risk of, damage or loss of returned shipment. Customer is advised to obtain insurance on the products in the return shipment.
- Paramount Automotive products carry a limited repair or replacement warranty for a period of (3) years from the original date of purchase against defects in material or finish. Any warranty claim submitted after 1.5 years from the original date of purchase, if accepted, shall offer a replacement product equal to (50%) of customer's initial purchase price. Damage due to improper installation, on or off road hazards, product modification, or neglect are not covered. This warranty is not transferable from the original buyer. For the original buyer to be eligible for the limited warranty coverage, the buyer must provide proof of purchase.
- Paramount Automotive's only obligations shall be to replace the product proved to be defective. Paramount Automotive shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage, direct or consequential, arising out of the use or the inability to use the product. Before using, user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use, and assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith. The foregoing may not be changed except by an agreement signed by an officer of Paramount Automotive. Customer's remedy therefore shall be limited only to repair or replacement (at Paramount Automotive's option) of any defective parts(s) returned to Paramount Automotive at customer's expense. The determination of whether or not a returned part is defective or subject to coverage under the limited warranties stated herein shall be made at Paramount Automotive's sole discretion.
- All returned items must have an RMA number assigned and written visibly on the outside of the package. Issuance of an RMA number is not an approval for credit. Paramount Automotive will repair, replace, or issue credit for the defective product only after its receipt and inspection.
- Any modifications made to returned product will nullify qualification for credit. Product must be in its original condition.
- Paramount Automotive is not responsible for shipping, handling, labor or paint costs for items returned or replaced.
- THE FORGOING LIMITED WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE, AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- All returns of non-defective products are subject to refusal at Paramount Automotive's sole discretion. Contact your sales representative to request an RMA number.
- Total returns of non-defective products are limited to a single yearly transaction total of a maximum of 5% of the previous year NET SALES and must be accompanied by an offsetting 2-for-1 order.
- All products must be returned in new, saleable condition, in their original packaging with all packing materials. No credit will be issued for any returned product, which has been installed, painted, or modified.
- Paramount Automotive will issue credit for returned products only after their receipt and inspection, and are subject to approval of the returned products. Customer will be notified of any unapproved returned products, which may be shipped back to Customer at the Customer's expense.
- Issued credit will be based on the lowest acquisition price of the product during the past 12 months.
- Credits on return of non-defective products will ONLY be issued against future
- invoices and cannot exceed the value of 25% of any invoice.
- Any return of non-defective product is subject to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
- Paramount Automotive will not be responsible for the freight costs of any stock adjustment. It is the customer requesting the stock adjustments responsibility to pay all freight costs acquired to return adjusted inventory.
The customer, as the recipient, is responsible for notifying the driver of the carrier of any visible damage to and/or shortage in the shipment immediately upon receipt. If the customer receives any carton with visible damage without notifying the carrier, Paramount Automotive assumes no liability. Paramount Automotive will ship replacement merchandise to Customer under a new invoice. For damaged and/or missing cartons. Customer has five (5) days from the date on which an order is received to notify Paramount Automotive of any shortages or freight damage, which are not visible at the time of their receipt.
Any rejection of goods for being non-conforming must be made immediately after delivery at the place of destination by Customer notifying Paramount Automotive and confirming the rejection in writing within ten (10) days after delivery at the place of destination. Such notification shall identify each and every alleged non-conformity of the goods and describe that portion of the shipment being rejected. Paramount Automotive shall then respond with instructions as to the disposition of the goods. If Customer fails to give such notice, or if Customer uses the goods in any manner inconsistent with the rights of Paramount Automotive, the goods shall be deemed to conform with the terms of the agreement in all respects and Customer shall be bound to accept and pay for the goods in accordance with the terms hereof. ALL MERCHANDISE RETURNED FROM CUSTOMER TO PARAMOUNT AUTOMOTIVE MUST BE IN THE ORIGINAL PARAMOUNT AUTOMOTIVE CONTAINER AS SHIPPED TO CUSTOMER. RETURNED MERCHANDISE IN ANY CONTAINER, OTHER THAN THAT ORIGINALLY SHIPPED TO CUSTOMER, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY PARAMOUNT AUTOMOTIVE. Once the product is returned, inspected and approved, a credit will be issued. Credits will not be issued until after receipt, inspection and approval of goods. Products ordered in error will incur a 20% restocking fee.